Monday 13 December 2010

Cow Factor

It is an ill wind that blows nobody any good. The snowy weather in Scotland has contained me indoors in this old seaside cottage for a good while now. I started by passing the time doing a jigsaw I found in the cupboard. It took me a couple of days to finish it. I am quite pleased with that as it said 3-5 years on the box!
The remainder of the time has been allocated to the completion of my second novel which has just been sent off for proofing. The book is called In the Company of Animals and picks up with Princess the young cow, the extraordinary character who was central to my first novel, The Right Colour.
The books are now building into a series about Princess and her pals, telling colourful tales of some of their exploits, aimed at a younger audience. In this second book, Princess breaks out of jail along with her two friends, Goliath, a very shy bull, and Jackson, a psychopathic sheep. Their adventures lead them over some tricky terrain when they eventually take shelter with some gypsies and are offered for sale at a large Horse Fair.
I am now well into the third book in this series, entitled Cow Factor, when the Princess and her gang get chance to feature on a TV show. There are at least two more books to come after that in this series which we hope to release for sale in Autumn 2011.
The series may not end there either. As long as I can keep making myself laugh out loud whilst I write them, I hope the end will not be in sight for some time yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment