Monday 10 September 2012

Where is Peter Pan now?



Yes, I know I always tell everyone I am still 26, and for much of the time I believe that I am. I really do.
But this week….well it has maybe proved me wrong, just for 7 days anyway, because we have had a house full of vibrant 22 year olds, on holiday. And what do you do on holiday? Well you party, party, party, that’s what!
And it is well documented that I quite enjoy a party. You try stopping me.
Jeez. I wish someone had....
Hmm, at 51 instead of 26, they do start to take their toll. Especially as every night ends up well past the witching hour, and certainly with the fullometer banging its needle in the red.
No, I’m not complaining, I love all that. But this week I have to work, which requires keeping my eyelids open for more than 3 minutes at a time….and concentrating.
Thank god we are taking a holiday later in the week, else I might have to take a few days off sick.
Did Peter Pan ever grow old…?

No comments:

Post a Comment